There are three roads we are concerned with:
Ortega Highway (HWY 74; from San Juan Capistrano to Lake Elsinore)
Our gate is located at '34395 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano'. Co-ordinates are '33.53967,-117.54873'.
You can find road conditions and status information at the following links.
- http://cad.chp.ca.gov/Traffic.aspx - This is the best source for incidents in progress.
- https://ca-17.com/SR-74 - This is the best source for long term projects and general status.
- Widening project - Information on night time and some full 55 hour weekend closures through 2025.
- Ortega Highway commuters group on Facebook - This is the best source for commentary.
Runs from the red gate on Ortega highway to the sign boards at the entry to the community.
- Drive carefully.
- Watch for rocks after rain.
- Pull over for faster traffic (there are plenty of turnouts).
- Escort large vehicles of non residents (1/4 mile ahead, flag down oncoming traffic).
These are our community "streets".
- Maximum speed is 15mph.
- Drive considerately of children and horses.